The sealing ring at the bottom of the toilet serves as a seal.
The details are as follows:
1. The use of toilet flange (sealing ring) can facilitate the positioning of the toilet during installation and avoid the phenomenon that the toilet drain outlet deviates from the drain pipe after installation.
2. Once the toilet is blocked, we can easily move the toilet without damage to the sewage outlet after using cement, which is convenient for future maintenance of the toilet.
Preparations before installing the toilet seal:
1. Be sure to close the water valve. You can turn off the water valve at the toilet, but you may also need to turn off the water at the pipeline level or basement.
2. Flush the toilet once or twice to flush out the water in the tank and bedpan.
3. Use a sponge to soak up all remaining water in the water tank and bedpan.
4. Remove the nut cover that fixes the bedpan base to the floor.
5. Unscrew the nut. You may need to use lubricating oil and a vise.
6. Disconnect the water supply pipe.
7. Gently shake the toilet back and forth to loosen the sealing ring and caulk. Grasp the potty carefully, not the tank. If you grasp the water tank, you may damage or crack the connection between the water tank and the bedpan.
8. Remove the old seal rings on the two joint surfaces.
How to install the sealing ring under the toilet
Sealing ring installation steps:
1. Disassemble the new wax seal ring so that the round side is facing upwards, and set it on the flange on the ground, so that it is just above the opening. Make sure that the two screws are in place. 2. Lift the toilet, put it on the flange and sealing ring, and keep the toilet as level as possible. 3. Sit on the toilet and help the new seal to seal. 4. Make sure the bedpan is level. 5. Reinstall the nut just removed. Tighten the nut by hand to avoid cracking the bottom of the toilet. 6. Reconnect the water supply pipe. 7. Open the water valve to fill the water tank. You can open the water valve halfway to store water into the water tank with lower water pressure. This method will take longer to store water. 8. Flush and check for leaks. 9. Put silicone on the gap between the bedpan and the floor as needed.
How much is the toilet seal?
How much is the toilet seal? Generally, it is more than ten dollars. If you replace the toilet seal under the toilet by yourself, it is also called the toilet flange, instead of waiting for the plumber to repair it, not only can you save time, but you can also avoid the use of it as soon as possible. inconvenient. If you hire a toilet repairman, many toilets are not so attentive to repair the toilet, and the toilet flanges they provide may not be of good quality. Generally, a few dollars is good.
How long does the toilet seal need to be changed?
There is no need to change this one after installation, just change it once every two or three years. The entire toilet has to be removed when changing, which is troublesome. As long as it doesn’t stink, there is no need to change it. . ### Generally speaking, it takes an average of half a year to change it once, I hope it can help you, my dear, there is actually no rule on the issue you mentioned to determine the replacement of the toilet seal. As long as it can be used normally, it will generally not go Replacement.